At Amherst Partners we are always looking out for our clients' best interests. We strive to keep our costs under control so that we can pass along our efficiencies to our clients. We use Open Source software wherever possible. We also purchase developer or enterprise licenses for commercial software, Joomla extensions and Joomla templates where necessary so that we may offer our clients the widest possible selection of options when developing their custom website without charging extra.
- We only quote fixed-price projects. Our clients are never billed for "additional" services or fees without their prior consent (web hosting and domain name registration fees are extra and not part of our quote however we do provide these services as well).
- We invoice once a month at the end of the month and payment is expected within 15 days of receipt of our invoice. Our standard practice is to invoice by email. If US Mail or Fax invoicing is required this must be explicitly requested.
- You will be invoiced for 50% of the total quote for website design and development once you agree to have Amherst Partners build your website. You will be invoiced for the remaining balance once the new website goes live.
- If you use our hosting and domain name registration services you will be invoiced immediately for any amounts due. Hosting and domain name registration is charged by the year and must be paid in advance. You will be invoiced for these services automatically at least 30 days prior to your renewal date(s).
- After a website goes live and any credit for site updates and modifications has been exhausted we charge a flat rate of $40/hour1 for all follow-on work. Clients may also request a fixed-price quote for a follow-on project that consists of more than just simple content updates. For example, installation and configuration of a major Joomla extension.
- There is a minimum of 1/2 hour that will be charged ($20) for any hourly work performed.
Accounts that are past 60 days overdue will, at our discretion, be charged interest at the rate of 15% per month until the outstanding balance is paid in full. We reserve the right to shutdown sites and cancel hosting on any account that is 90 days or more past due.